Q: I’m renting a house in the County. Can I sign up for service?
A: Stanislaus County Municipal Code stipulates that the property owner must sign up for service. The tenant can only sign up for service if the property is zoned Agricultural.

Q: Do you take a deposit when starting service?
A: City of Turlock customers are billed through the City of Turlock. Stanislaus County Customers will pay one billing cycle as a prepayment. This is not a deposit. We do take a deposit for Drop Box Services.

Q: Do you provide recycling / green waste program?
A: City of Turlock Customers have a three cart system. A Gray Cart for Solid Waste, Green Cart for the Green Waste and Blue Cart for Recycling. Stanislaus County Customers are on a single cart system. We do not provide a blue or green cart for county customers. County customers can request 7 gallon buckets for their recycling within the mandatory service area.

Q: What office locations do you have?
A: Our office is located at 1200 S. Walnut Rd., Turlock, CA 95380

Q: Do you provide Biweekly or Monthly service?
A: City and County Ordinances stipulate that trash must be picked up at a minimum weekly. Drop Box Services are available for on call service but must not contain any putrescible (solid waste that may rot) material.

Q: Someone dumped trash in our alley, will Turlock Scavenger come clean it up?
A: The property owner is responsible for alley clean up behind their property.

Q: What can be done about homeless people going thru the carts, can Turlock Scavenger handle the issue?
A: There is nothing Turlock Scavenger can do about this issue.

Q: What holidays are you closed?
A: Turlock Scavenger is only closed on three Holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day. We operate normal route schedules on all other holidays, however the office may close early on some of the holidays. Please refer to the Holiday Schedule on this web site located here.

Q: What can I put in my Blue Cart?
A: Please refer to the How to Recycle Page with our “Back to Basics” brochure in English or in Spanish.

Q: I am a resident in the City of Turlock, on what day is our Street Sweeping Done.
A: Residential Street Sweeping is done on a four week cycle. The street sweep day will be two days after your service day.

Q: What time do my carts need to be out for service?
A: Please have your carts out by 5:00 AM on your collection day.

Q: Does Turlock Recycling provide recycling educational opportunity’s for schools and groups or facility tours?
A: Turlock Recycling provides education and outreach both in the classroom and at our Walnut Road facility. We provide insight on exactly what happens to your trash from bin to renewable energy, compost, or landfill. Book a tour with us and come find out how one man’s trash is another man’s treasure!

Q: What is CRV?
A: The California Refund Value (CRV) is the amount paid to consumers when they recycle beverage containers at certified recycling centers. The minimum refund value established for each type of eligible beverage container is 5 cents for each container under 24 ounces and 10 cents for each container 24 ounces or greater.

Q: Why aren’t all beverages included in the recycling program?
A: The composition of beverages included in the program is determined by statute, Section 14504 of the Public Resources Code.


The following beverages sold in aluminum, glass, plastic, and bimetal containers are included in the program:

  • Beer and other malt beverages
  • Wine and distilled spirit coolers
  • Vegetable juice 16 ounces or less in volume
  • Carbonated and noncarbonated water, soda and mineral water, and similar soft drinks
  • Carbonated and noncarbonated fruit drinks that contain any percentage of fruit juice
  • Noncarbonated soft drinks and sport drinks
  • Carbonated and noncarbonated fruit drinks


The following beverages are excluded from the program:

  • Any product sold in a container that is not aluminum, glass, plastic, or bimetal.
  • Wine, or wine from which alcohol has been removed, in whole or in part, whether or not sparkling or carbonated.
  • Milk

  • Medical food

  • Infant formula

  • Vegetable juice in containers 16 ounces or greater in volume

  • 100 percent fruit juice in containers 46 ounces or greater in volume

  • Distilled spirits

  • Any beverage container product type that is not specifically included by the Act.

Q: What types of waste do you accept?
A: Turlock Transfer accepts most nonhazardous waste including: household garbage, green waste, wood, metal, construction and demolition debris. We accept scrap metal free of charge.

Q: What do you not accept?
A: Turlock Transfer does not accept Hazardous waste such as: paint, stains, oils, pesticides, pool acid, florescent tubes, roofing tar, sealers, solvents, Etc. You will need to contact the Stanislaus county Household Hazardous waste facility to dispose of hazardous waste. Also not accepted are the following: liquids, dead animals, unknown waste in drums, sealed cylinders (propane, oxygen, helium, Etc).

Q: What type of payment do you accept?
A: Turlock Transfer accepts: Cash, Visa or Mastercard.

Q: Do you have any extra charges?
A: We have extra charges for Tires and Mattresses. Please see the Transfer Rates for specific information.